Saturday 19 March 2016

ALMOST AT THE END OF WEEK ONE!

WOOOO!! So we are coming up to the end of the first week here in good ol' Blighty and I have enjoyed it a lot! Just seeing all the different places, people, and tasting all sorts of kind of  strange yet yummy food has been amazing! To sum up the past three days, here's some bullet points!:
  • Chameleons
  • Playstation 4's
  • Pastries
  • Forests
  • Tiny deceased geckos named Merry 
  • Super energetic three legged dogs named Marley
  • Burritos
  • Jet streams
  • Re-setting up of computers from scratch
  • Freezing cold bus stops
  • More silly kitties
  • Skyping families
  • Heathlands
  • DELICIOUS YOGHURT!!! @W@


It hasn't all been exploring pastries and tasting new forests though. We've been making our way through the last of the visa guff, and heading towards getting that pesky National Insurance Number sorted. I have just filled out a form that was sent to me to keep the ball rolling (they said form was meant to get to me within 7-10 working days, but it pretty much arrived a day after calling up the Job Centre, HOORAY!) Now we are back to just waiting and cleaning up a bed full of burrito crumbs after last nights gaming and 'Walking Dead' session!


Yesterday we tested out the bus system here to give me some independence while Tasha is at work, and it seems pretty straight forward to get around. My only concern is that 90% of the buses sound like they are on the brink of snapping in half and before flying a mile into the air and exploding, but I'm sure they are safe enough...

I have also recently learned that it can get FREAKIN' COLD here in the UK. Yesterday it was a high of 7 degrees Celsius with a nasty wind chill, and even my almighty jacket, single glove (Tash and I had to have one glove on each because we only have one pair!) and my slightly feminine Tasha-pre owned scarf was not enough to stop me from dying.

That's right. I'm dead.
I'm actually physically dead.
I'm actually totally joking.
I am not dead.



Despite the grey skies and bitter cold, I am still having a complete blast! Knowing that I have made it this far, from that little skinny kid hiding from the world in his bed in small town in New Zealand, to the other side of the freakin' world is something I would have never have predicted, and it is all finally sinking in. It just makes you fully realise that life can really just take you pretty much everywhere if you just take some risks and keep a look for those opportunities.

Also, being with your ultimate bestie is by far the most amazing way to spend your life and I wouldn't change it for anything, and I mean that from the bottom of my heart. Tasha really had just made this transition of my life so easy and smooth and I cannot thank her and her amazing family for making this that it is right now. <3

We are now going to get ready to head off to get some food for the cupboards as they are growling, and then zip to watch Deadpool together! Odds are we will come back and either snuggle up and watch something or play a game or something (SHANE IS A LITTLE ADDICTED TO STAR WARS BATTLEFRONT ON THE PS4 AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!)  It's another cold day out there so I can't think any other amazing way to spend the beginning of the weekend. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment